Review Event Information
Please read the following information carefully! Be certain that this is the event that you really want to register for; check both the event's name and the event's date.
Ground Rules for Training
The ELCofSWFL has composed a set of rules which all trainers who train for the Early Learning Coalition will implement. We ask that you read these rules and follow them as well. We want to honor those of you who have followed them all along, and put them in writing to reinforce their importance. Please note: If you are not able to attend a training for which you have registered, you need to call the training entity at (239) 935-6189 and let them know. CEUs are offered through IACET (International Association for Continuing Education and Training). This requires that recipients be on time for the class, an assessment will be required at the end of the class and an evaluation must be filled out. The CEUs are recognized nationally.
Building Resiliancy in the Early Childhood Classroom
There will be three virtual training sessions, each of a two hour duration, that will focus on classroom strategies which help build resiliency in young children, ages infant through Pre K. The dates are 10/25, 1/4 and 4/14. Registering for the 10/25 class registers you for all of them.
The webinar content is based on the basic principles of Conscious Discipline, a research-based classroom management program that transforms competitive environments into caring school families, and focuses on the creation of relationships between peers. There are three main components of building resiliency that will be put forth in the training session - Attunement, Attachment, and Autonomy. When these three aspects of development are successfully nurtured in children through effective activities and language interactions, children will thrive in the following crucial behaviors:
- Self-regulation and self-awareness
- Cooperative problem solving
- Empowerment and assertiveness
- Participants will identify some of the "triggers" they encounter in their daily work with children, along with several ways to calm themselves during stressful times in the classroom.
- Participants will demonstrate the ability to provide assertive direction to children that state clear, positive expectations.
- Participants will demonstrate the ability to provide children with positive choices.
- Teachers will be able to use specific language to notice and validate children's helpful choices.
Zoom link will be sent after registration for the training.
Date & Time
October 25 2021
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Zoom - Virtual Meeting
This event is free!
Early Learning Coalition of Southwest Florida
2675 Winkler Ave | Suite 300 | Ft. Myers, Florida 33901
Phone (239) 935-6100 | FAX (239) 935-6181 | TOLL FREE: 1.866.863.1366
Office Hours: 8am-5pm Monday - Friday