LiveScan Fingerprinting Service
The Coalition offers background screening utilizing the Clearinghouse to child care providers with employees or household members in need of fingerprinting by appointment only. The facility which is sending the person to be screened must be registered with the Background Screening Clearinghouse Web Portal to be able to view results. See http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/backgroundscreening/ for information on registering for the Background Screening Clearinghouse.
Hours of Availability:
Monday through Friday 9am – 1pm and 2pm - 3:30pm
Cost of LiveScan:
Child Care providers affiliated with ELC of Southwest Florida - $67
Child Care providers and other organizations not affiliated with ELC of Southwest Florida - $75
- Personal checks and cash are not accepted
The applicant will need to bring the following to the screening appointment:
- Driver's License (or other government ID with picture)
- Printed Filled out Live Scan screening form (including provider’s OCA number)
- Pay Pal Receipt
- Note: your picture will be taken – you must agree to have no head covering, heavy jewelry or heavy makeup. If these are present, your picture will be rejected by the Clearinghouse system.
You must notify the Coalition of cancellation within 48 hrs. of your LiveScan Appointment in order to get a refund, by calling 935-6143. No LiveScan refunds will be granted without a 48 hour appointment cancellation notification.
- If you miss your appointment or do not have a valid ID at the time of your appointment, you WILL NOT receive a refund and WILL NOT be issued a credit to reschedule.
- In order to keep our costs low and pass these savings on to you, we appreciate your understanding of our policy.
Note: All call in appointments must be pre-paid over the phone at the time of scheduling.
When Will I Receive My Results?
The participant is fingerprinted and the images are transmitted electronically immediately to FDLE (Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement) through the Clearinghouse. In some cases, the participant may be required to return for reprinting (at no charge) if the images are unclear.
For the most up to date information on Background Screening requirements, you may check the DCF website at http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/backgroundscreening/.
For those coming back to be re-printed...
Please call 239-935-6100. Choose the Live Scan Background Screening prompt to make an appointment.
For a re-print appointment you must bring in a copy of your result letter printed from the Clearinghouse Portal. There is no additional cost for this appointment.
Early Learning Coalition of Southwest Florida
2675 Winkler Avenue | Suite 300 | Ft. Myers, Florida 33901
Phone 239.935.6100 | FAX 239.935.6181
Office Hours: 8am-5pm Monday - Friday